At the end of 2009 I put my hair in cornrows for two weeks. I had a lot of shedding after i took down the cornrows. I never had a lot of shedding after cornrowing my hair before, so I was a little concerced. It was shedding because the hairs had a little white bulb at the end. But I did have longer hair. Someone suggested that it had to do with my annual large hair shed. I tried it again in January 2010 for three weeks and had no shedding. I guess she was right. I really liked the results. I had awesome growth especially on my sides that I'm trying to get to shoulder length along with the back of my hair. Oh yeah, I'm also using my own recipe for a growth aid. I think I'm on to something.... It's working great for me. Im trying it on my friends and family to make sure.
Cornrows are working well for me. I used it as a protective style under my wigs or head wraps. It's more convenient for me, since I'm a little more busy this year. And I loved the results. Now my other regimen worked fine. I received great results. Look at my progress pics from 2009. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Cornrow Regimen details for 2010:
- Relax every 12-14 weeks
- Wash and condition weekly for 2 weeks. Making sure 2nd wash I use a protein conditioner.
- After two weeks cornrow my hair 6-8 corn cornrows. Tuck under ends.
- Using wig over cornrows.
- Moisturize with wave nouveau and seal ends with oil every other day. Use Aphogee provitamin leave in once a week.
- Use my special growth aid every other day on scalp only. Massage.
- No I will not be washing my hair while in braids.
- Take down braids after 3 weeks. Then wash and protien condition.
- Rest hair for 2 weeks. (Wash and condition weekly. Using buns, french roll, and head wraps or wig with no cornrows.)
- After 2 weeks. Go back to cornrows.
- Relax my hair every 14 weeks. Making sure cornrows have been out of my hair for at least 2 weeks before I relax.
This is my low hair maintenance, low hair manipulation regimen.
I will be doing this until.........just until.
