Cornrow Regimen Is Working!

I have started this new hair regimen in the beginning of 2010.  The cornrow regimen.  And the new regimen is working.  I call it the leave my hair alone regimen.  Basically I keep cornrows in my hair for 3 weeks at at time.   I spray them down everyday with moisturizing spray and apply a homemade tonic to my scalp every other day. 

I am pleased with my results my is still growing and I am almost almost bra strap length.  And the sides of my hair is catching up to the back.  The best thing is that I did not lose any progress. 

Benefits: 
  • I dont wash my hair while in cornrows.  I wipe the braids and scalp with a clothe with a little witch hazel to keep them clean.
  • Huge time saver.  Just put on a wig and go.
  • Less stress on me and hair.
Now my old regimen works just as well.  I was able to grow my hair from neck length to shoulder length from May 2009 to December 2009.  That's just 7 months.  So old regimen is still good.

It's necessary to shampoo often to keep your hair clean.  But is it necessary to achieve hair growth.  So far with this new regimen; I would say no.  But I have to wipe my scalp with a clothe using witch hazel because I dont want to be dirty.  Gives me the itchies.  But the one thing that is staying consistent is applying a water-based moisturizer to my hair and sealing the ends with oil. 

I am glad my new regimen is working because I am busy and dont have the time to put into my hair like I use to.